Here is a step-by-step guide to enrolling with us at The British School in
Tokyo. Additional information regarding admissions can be found under
the other pages within this section. For all further enquiries, please
contact us directly.
- 1 Check eligibility
Please read the Admissions Policy before beginning
the registration process.
- 2 Contact Admissions
The next step is to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ascertain
eligibility, check on space allocations for the relevant year group and, if
possible, to organise a visit.
- 3 Application Forms
- 4 Confirmation of Registration
When all of the relevant application forms for each applicant in the
family have been received, we will confirm your registration with us.
For an applicant to be placed in a waiting pool or offered a place, all
application documents must be submitted. For Term One enrolment,
the first admissions decisions will be issued in February and on a rolling
- 1 Once you have registered with us, our Admissions Officer will contact
you to let you know the status of your application.
- 2 The child’s current or previous school will be contacted by a member
of our school staff to carry out a routine reference check.
- 3 If the report from the previous or current school is satisfactory, and
depending upon the year group for which you are applying, you may
be placed in one of our waiting pools. Waiting pools exist for most
year groups so parents are encouraged to register with us as early as
- 3 Any required interview / assessment appointments will be scheduled after receiving and reviewing all application documents and school reference reports.