The Parent Teacher Association of The British School in Tokyo.
The Parent Teacher Association is seen as a communication tool between the teaching staff and the parents of BST. We are involved in not only fundraising but in the building of a community spirit within the school.
All parents are members of the PTA automatically by way of their children’s enrolment at the school. Whilst we have an Executive Committee, we encourage all parents to attend and participate throughout the year in the many activities and events that the PTA organise. Communication is often done through an amazing class parent network.
Such events include; Christmas Winter Wonderland and Twilight Market, The Spring Fair, Parents Welcome Evening and Coffee Mornings, Parent Workshops, Guest Speakers, Snack stalls at sporting events, Book sales, Uniform sales and the development of Merchandise to enhance the school experience such as sporting t-shirts and book bags, hats and swimming bags.
Throughout the school year, the PTA are actively involved in fundraising with the assistance of our sponsors. All funds raised are funnelled back into the school through a bid system that invites bids from teachers, students and parents alike.
Some of the items that the PTA have supported this year include:
- Flip Form staging for the choir
- Support of the School Student Magazine
- Year 1 and Reception Book Corner
- Showa Science Club (“flysticks”)
- Hockey ASC Equipment
- Digital video cameras
- Bus Stop materials and games
- Magazine subscriptions
- Showa Science Club (helicopters)
- Shibuya Student Council Snack Sale
- International Award (tents, sleeping bags)
- One tablet/slate computer for EAL
- Support for Climbing Club
- Sewing machines, patterns, toolbox, iron/board for Fashion and Textile ECA
- Boogie boards for the music department
- A stage piano
- Electronic digital score timer for the Sports department.
The PTA ‘s main aim is to support the British School throughout the year and are always looking for more volunteers to assist. If you are interested in joining the committee of the PTA please contact firstname.lastname@example.org