Purpose, Mission, Values and Goals
To provide a world class British education to English speaking students of the international community in Tokyo
To inspire our students to thrive as global citizens
Our Core Values:
- Confidence in our ability
- Excellence in everything we do
- Responsibility to ourselves and others
The Goals of The British School in Tokyo:
- To provide an excellent, broad and balanced education, following and complementing the English National Curriculum, for English speaking students of the international community in Tokyo.
- To recruit and retain excellent teachers
- To ensure that all children are provided with the resources and opportunity to learn and develop to the best of their ability
- To promote the simple rules of good behaviour, mutual respect and tolerance for others.
- To provide safe, well-maintained, stimulating and enjoyable facilities that allow the School to realise its goals and its purpose.
- To provide a comprehensive range of extra-curricular activities to assist with the learning, development and fulfilment of pupils.
- To enrich the curriculum with the provision of opportunities to study the culture, history and language of Japan.
- To operate the School on a sound financial and legal basis and in accordance with the best governance standards.