Here is a step-by-step guide to enrolling with us at The British School in Tokyo. Additional information regarding admissions can be found under the other pages within this section. For all admissions enquiries, please contact our Admissions Manager Ms. Anna Saito or our Admission Officer Ms. Shoko Unabara at email@example.com or submit the form below.
1. Check eligibility
Please read the Admissions Policy before beginning
the registration process.
2. Contact Admissions
The next step is to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ascertain eligibility, check on space allocations for the relevant year group and, if possible, to organise a visit.
3. Application Forms
Please download and submit the required application documents here.
Please make payment of the Application Fee (JPY40,000) per child to the following bank account appropriate to the child’s age. Please indicate the child’s surname when making the bank transfer and please ensure to cover all bank transaction charges.
Application Payment by Bank Transfer:
4. Confirmation of Application
When all of the relevant application forms for each applicant in the family have been received, we will confirm your registration with us. For an applicant to be placed in a waiting pool or offered a place, all application documents must be submitted. For Term One enrolment, the first admissions decisions will be issued in February and on a rolling basis thereafter.
- Once you have registered with us, our Admissions Officer will contact you to let you know the status of your application.
- The child’s current or previous school will be contacted by a member of our school staff to carry out a routine reference check.
- If the report from the previous or current school is satisfactory, and depending upon the year group for which you are applying, you may be placed in one of our waiting pools. Waiting pools exist for most year groups so parents are encouraged to register with us as early as possible.
- Any required interview / assessment appointments will be scheduled after receiving and reviewing all application documents and school reference reports.