Vision, Mission & Values
At BST, we look to nurture each student’s unique potential and strive to help them create a strong sense of self, built around purpose and passion.
BST provides an inclusive and holistic education in English for the international community of Tokyo, with our modern British identity incorporating a distinctly international outlook. We are committed to the pursuit of excellence and lifelong learning. We pride ourselves on instilling a sense of integrity, and value our collective responsibility to positively impact the wider world.
OUR CORE VALUES
BST’s Core Values act as a guide for students, families, alumni and staff, and underpin our community’s decision-making and actions:
- We strive to achieve our personal best.
- We are honest and show kindness, compassion and respect for others.
- We are curious, creative and innovative in our thinking.
- We embrace diversity and celebrate individuality.
- We are internationally minded and culturally aware.
- We have a sense of social and environmental responsibility.
- To work in partnership with parents, alumni and the broader community to realise our core values through our holistic provision.
- To inspire students with a range of learning opportunities of appropriate challenge, both in the classroom and outdoors, that enable personal growth.
- To encourage students to take ownership of their development through the pursuit of individual interests and the use of the BST Student Profile.
- To foster students’ determination, resilience and wellbeing by reflecting upon individual challenges and by developing character strengths.
- To value our British heritage whilst also embracing our unique Japanese context and the international diversity of our community.
- To recognise and engage with real-life challenges, both local and global, in a spirit of hope.
The BST Community, September 2020